Thursday, August 17, 2017

Comic Book Scripts Written and Ready to be Submitted

Hi all,

DH lobby. :)


A month or so ago, I made a special trip to Dark Horse Comics and dropped off copies of my novels. I spoke to one of the editors...and left it with him that I would prepare some sample scripts to submit. Therefore, showing that I am both a good novel and script writer. I have worked very hard the last few weeks and the scripts are now done.

I wrote 5 scripts total. 2 for an original story/concept. 2 as an adaptation of The Lifeblood of Ill-Fated Women, and 1 for an existing property....a property I love...GI JOE!

I am very pleased with my work. These three ideas allowed me to show that I can adapt a book, I can write a humorous story, and I can work with existing intellectual property. I think that is a good balance of examples.

I know people in the 'Biz' and I had them check my work. Basically, to let me know if I am on track. Guess what? I got lots of praise. :)

I will be submitting these scripts to Dark Horse, IDW, and a few other companies soon.

I have read comics for more than 1/2 my life. I am a huge fan of a lot of the properties DH and IDW license, and I am an artist. So I think I stand a good chance. I already see my writing as movies, so translating them to comics was pretty easy.

Wish me luck!

Write Makes Might!

Kevin James Breaux
www.kevinbreaux.com

No comments:

Post a Comment