Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Kevin James Breaux - It's good to be part of a team

Today, my agent, Marisa Corvisiero of the Corvisiero Literary Agency, invited me to her "clients only" Facebook page. As a new client of hers, I was honored and excited to join the group. What I found there was 50 other amazing authors.


Side note- I was actually already friends with a few of them. Pretty cool, huh? 


What I did next was sit back and invest the time needed to Facebook friend them all. Yep, all 50. It took a lot of clicks, but I did it. I'm now working on "liking" their author pages and later this week I will be on Goodreads, friending and "fanning" them.
 
I feel it's very important to do this. As a new member of the team and as someone who wants to see the agency have continued success. Granted, many of these authors are in genres outside of my norm, I still want to read their posts and see what they are doing and have to offer. It will be a great learning experience. And if I can support them by sharing their updates and news... then you better believe I will.
 
A group full of agented authors...in a respectable agency that treats them well. Yeah, that's a group I know I can learn from. :)


The future is full of possibilities now. I can only imagine what career highlights I will have to announce in the next twelve months.


Write Makes Might!


Kevin James Breaux
www.kevinbreaux.com



No comments:

Post a Comment