Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Awards Season


Hi all,

First off, thanks to all of you who voted for me in the P&E Readers Poll.  My horror short story landed in 3rd place this year. So for those of you counting I have won 4 Top Ten awards, 3 of which were Top Three and one... wait for it... First Place! You can see prior years scores here.


I broke it down for you.
 
The Journal of USS Indianapolis Survivor: Stefanos “Stevie” Georgiou” - Zombie Jesus and Other True Stories Antho. Dark Moon Press - 11/2012
--------- 3rd place Preditors and Editors poll 2012

Dark Water: Beaming Smile - Hellfire Publishing 10/2011
-------- 3rd place Preditors and Editors poll 2011

Soul Born - Dark Quest Books 11/2010
-------- 1st place Preditors and Editors poll 2010

Ending Summer Nights - Lucrezia Magazine 5/2010
------- 9th placed Preditors and Editors poll 2010

Bang! Portugal - Lucrezia Magazine 2/2009
------ 3rd place Preditors and Editors Poll 2009
 
 
Now, I am happy to announce that for the second year in a row, I have reached the Preliminary Ballot of the Bram Stoker Award. This year The Journal of USS Indianapolis Survivor: Stefanos “Stevie” Georgiou” is in the list of horror short stories. I really hope to make it to nominations this year. It's like the Oscars... the true honor is in the nomination, not the win.
 
Here is the Prelim Ballot. Look at all the great authors. I am lucky to be counted among them.
 
 
2013 has been off to a strange and slow start with my father getting ill and going to the hospital and then my wife and mother getting the flu. Sure my parents are in PA, across the country, but somehow everyone got sick at the same time!
 
So, I am just starting my new year it seems. At the moment I have two projects. One is a MG Boys Horror. The other is proofing the galley for FLESH ENDED book three in the Soul Born Saga. I am still searching for a agent, but I have met one that I really enjoy as a person. I hope she signs me, it would be nice to work with her and share the experience of growing my career with her too.
 
Thanks all!
 
Kevin James Breaux
 


No comments:

Post a Comment