Friday, October 12, 2012

Hard Work.

Hey all,

So, after ten days of editing between 10-14 hours a day, ONE SMOKING HOT FAIRY TAIL is back in the hands of an agent who liked it.

Thanks to my kick-ass editor, Gretchen, who not only helped identify a problem in the novel, but she taught me how to find and fix said problem for the future. She also did a third edit pass while she had the book.

Without getting into all the gory details, I just wanted to say this.

Never in my life have I worked so hard on anything.

I was fully focused on my goal and spent nearly zero time concerned with anything else. My friends did not see my on XBox, I pretty much ignored social media, and I don't even remember what I had for dinner most of those nights. I woke up. Worked all day until my eyes blurred. Went to sleep and then woke up to work again...

...and it was all worth it.

One Smoking Hot Fairy Tail has never read as good as it does now. It looks and feels like a finished novel should. It's ready.

Yes, I might have walked around the house for a few days with glassy eyes and a glazed look, my brain melted... but I would do it all again if I had to. Writing is my passion. I need an agent. My time is now.



Write Makes Might!


Kevin James Breaux
www.kvinbreaux.com




*I did take a break to watch the Hell on Wheels season finale. (damn you, AMC)

No comments:

Post a Comment