Monday, August 27, 2012

Full Manuscript Request!

Hi all,

Today I followed up with a query I sent in the beginning of the month to an agent who was looking for horror. I queried my dark fantasy - horror novel which is set in the Viking Age. It's a little bit of a historical fiction mixed with the lore of the Viking gods. I wrote it last year over five-six months, and this summer is my first time really sending it out to people.

So you can imagine I was excited when, based on a query with a 3 page synopsis and 5 sample pages, I managed to get a full request. That's impressive these days. Very.

Something about this request has me extra hopeful. I am really at an important crux in my life, so finding an agent right now would be huge and life-changing. I have worked very hard the past three years... and I would like to see my hard validated.

In other news, I am editing FLESH ENDED for publication with Dark Quest Books. My editor, Gretchen, worked hard on it and has made some great suggestions. It will probably take me until Oct. to finish fixing it up. I expect a 2013 release. (maybe March?)

I am also working on editing my urban fantasy novel for another agent who wanted to see it have another editing pass. She really liked the characters and plot.

To be totally honest, I'm feeling very close to landing an agent. Wish me luck.

The time is now. Write Makes Might!


Kevin James Breaux
www.kevinbreaux.com


No comments:

Post a Comment