Friday, September 23, 2011

Awesome letter from a SOUL BORN reader.


So, I was having a bad day yesterday until I found this in my email box. Letters like this one... they are what make all the hours and hours of writing worth it. I just wanted to share this with you all.

***

I just finished Soul Born the other night and I wanted to thank you for a wonderfully entertaining novel. It kept me up way too late several nights because I just didn't want to stop reading. I love how the motives for each character slowly become clearer through the book. The shades of gray each character is colored with adds a depth beyond the trite good/evil duality found so often in fantasy. I found the part describing Karn's revelation of his past and the fate of his family to be especially poignant. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series.

I want to write a good review on Amazon for your book, but I'm exhausted just trying to figure out how to word it right...considering that simple task and how it makes me feel, I really don't know how you manage to write a whole f*&cking novel! Hell, I think I've rewritten just this email three times! Anyway, I'll try to come up with something worthy.

Wishing you the best,

Dave
 
***
 
Thanks so much Dave! I really appreciate the time you took our of your day to write me this.
 
 
Kevin James Breaux







1 comment:

  1. Great letter to receive. That makes all the hard work worth it. Now to get him to post that to Amazon, eh?

    ReplyDelete