Saturday, April 16, 2011

Two NEW Anthologies out with my Short Stories inside!

April is turning out to be an exciting month for me. So far I have two big releases, both printed anthologies.


Anthology of Ichor III - ISBN:978-1460938010

Anthology of Ichor III: Gears of Damnation is published by UnEarthed Press. They accepted my short story A BATTLE OF EGO, which is in the steampunk and horror genres. A BATTLE OF EGO pits Thomas Edison vs. Nikola Tesla. It’s a patent war and Tesla has steam-powered zombies! Oh no! Well let’s give Edison some credit; he’s got a few tricks up his sleeves too.

I really hope to get some reviews on this story. First, it was a ton of fun to write. I did hours of research and learned some interesting facts about history that I was unaware of. Also, it’s my first steampunk story, so I am curious how I did.

Anthology of Ichor III is a massive anthology, at over 560 pages! That’s huge! I'm waiting for my author copy to arrive, so I have not read any of the other stories. I can’t wait to see what my peers have done. It is out in both KINDLE and Print versions. Here is an amazon.com link. http://amzn.com/1460938011


Too Much Boogie - ISBN: 978-1905091898

Last year I was commissioned to write a horror/erotic short story for a new anthology called Too Much Boogie: Erotic Remixes of the Dirty Blues, edited by Cole Riley. The theme was Blues Music, something I knew nothing about. Well, an old mentor of mine once said, if you are asked to write something you always say “yes”. This was a first for me, and a true honor, but let me tell you... it feels so good to be asked to write and submit a story.

Well, I knew I could write a kick-ass short story so I jumped at the opportunity. I created a horror story with an erotic edge to it called, MOTHER’S MILK. I actually wrote it twice, the first draft was almost all horror, and way too long. The second draft felt right, much smoother and to the point.

MOTHER’S MILK is about a blues musician living in a rundown abandoned motel with other Katrina survivors. Blessed with a golden voice the man slowly rises up, but not without a little help from a neighbor. “Mother” has cast a blood-magic spell on him. Read the story and find out what happens… but be aware its rated R.

Again, I will be getting my author copy soon, so I don't know how naughty the other authors get in their stories. I heard from the editor some are NC17 (lol), so fair warning. It can be found on bookseller sites, but here is the amazon.com link. http://amzn.com/1905091893

By the end of the month there should be one more short story coming out. I will post something with it does. Thanks so much for all the support online, on twitter, and all the great emails. I truly appreciate it.


Kevin James Breaux
http://www.kevinbreaux.com/

2 comments: