Thursday, February 3, 2011

Awards - Tis the Season! Thanks All!


Growing up I always wanted to win a trophy. Who didn't?  It wasn't until I was 29 years old that I was rewarded with two trophies at a martial arts tournament, one for a 2nd and another for a 3rd place win.  Couple years later as my buddies and I were having XBox LAN party tournaments, I went and had custom trophies made for the winners. It's always nice to be rewarded for your hard work.  Even if it's slamming your friends in the face with rockets. Or in my case, having Chris gun me down over and over and over again.

This week I received two awards from entries in the Preditors and Editors (P&E) Reader's Poll

My novel SOUL BORN won best SF/F novel for 2010.


And my short story ENDING SUMMER NIGHTS came in Top Ten (9th place) in the horror short story category.

Again, I want to thank everyone who voted for me. I am especially proud of the Bram Stoker Award recommendation I received this year too. Maybe next year I will get a nomination! 

Thanks all,


Kevin James Breaux

No comments:

Post a Comment