Thursday, November 11, 2010

NaNoWriMo Cover Art!

THE MAIZE QUEEN Cover Art by Kevin James Breaux

My first year doing the NaNoWriMo and I was equally worried about the cover art as I was the actual novel. Having a background in graphic art and digital art, I was concerned that creating a cover would eat up a day or two of the NaNo month. Yesterday, I needed a break from writing so I decided to work up the cover. Since NaNo is all about writing and not editing, jut getting the words out, I designed my cover in the same fashion.  After spending about 5 mins gathering elements, I took 15 minutes and cooked up this cover for my story THE MAIZE QUEEEN.  I hope you like it! For a 15 minute job, I am pretty happy.

NaNoWriMo has been a great distraction from my grueling wait for my debut novel SOUL BORN to be released.  It should be available to everyone around Thanksgiving, and yes, I will be giving thanks for it finally coming out!


Thanks all,

Kevin James Breaux
http://www.kevinbreaux.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment